簡單的日常英語對話短文
在小學英語教學中,創設生動形象的情境,既能活躍課堂氣氛,激發學生的學習興趣,鍛鍊學生的語言能力,又能培養學生的思維能力和想象能力。小編整理了,歡迎閱讀!
一
In the office, Steven and Jack are talking about the recent election.
辦公室裡,史蒂文和傑克討論著近來的競選。
Steven: Jack, what do you think about the election?
史蒂文:傑克,你怎麼看待這次競選?
Jack: I think the campaign is a blockbuster.
傑克:我覺得這次競選聲勢浩大。
Steven: How many people have flung their hats into the ring?
史蒂文:有多少人蔘加了競選?
Jack: Finally 100 candidates ran for one seat.
傑克:最終有100人競選1個席位。
Steven: Who do you think will be elected?
史蒂文;你認為誰會當選?
Jack: It's hard to say. They all had an active campaign to round up the votes.
傑克:這很難說,他們都枳極開展競選運動來拉選票。
Steven: I think Mr. White would be elected, you know he has spent millions in this campaign and he blasted the opposition in his campaign speech.
史蒂文:我覺得懷特先生會當選, 他在這次競選活動中花了數百萬,並在競選演說中猛烈地抨擊他的對手。
Jack: Maybe. Who knows?
傑克:或許吧,誰知道呢。
二
Steven and Susan are talking about the harm ofgambling.
史蒂文和蘇珊正在討論賭博的危害。
Susan: Have you heard that Tom and his wifedivorced?
蘇珊:你聽說湯姆和他妻子離婚的事了嗎?
Steven: I didn't hear that. But I can deduce thereason.
史蒂文:沒有聽說,不過我可以推斷出原因。
Susan: Really? Say it!
蘇珊:是嗎?說說看。
Steven: Tom is a kind guy, but addicted to gambling. He spends all his time gambling in thecasino. And his wife can't put up with his incessant gambling any longer, so she divorced him.Is that right?
史蒂文:湯姆是個好人,但卻賭博成癮,他把時間都消磨在賭場上。他的妻子再也無法忍受他不斷賭博,於是就和他離婚了。對嗎?
Susan: Yeah, quite right. Gambling broke up a happy family.
蘇珊:完全正確。你看賭博竟然毀了一個幸福的家庭。
Steven: Yeah! Gambling is often a curse. By gambling we lose time and treasure, two thingsmost precious to a man.
史蒂文:是啊。賭博往往是個禍根,浪費時間和金錢,這兩樣是人生最珍貴的東西。
Susan: Besides that, many people took to gambling and got in over their heads, and graduallyruined themselves.
蘇珊:此外,許多人染上了賭博的惡習,愈陷愈深,慢慢地走上了毀滅的道路。
Steven: In a word, gambling is a vice. We should be away from it.
史蒂文:總而言之,賭博足一種惡習,我們應該遠離它。
三
Steven and Julia is talking about their neighbourTom.
史蒂文和茱莉正在談論鄰居湯姆。
Steven: I've heard that Tom is going to move.
史蒂文:我聽說湯姆要搬走了。
Julia: What? Are you sure about that?
茱莉婭:什麼?你確定?
Steven: Yeah, he is going to move next month.
史蒂文:嗯,他下個月就要搬走。
Julia: Where is he going?
茱莉婭:那他去哪裡啊?
Steven: He is going to Canada and to live with his son.
史蒂文:他準備去加拿大,去和兒子一起生活。
Julia: What a pity!
茱莉婭:真遺憾!
Steven: Why did you say that? It's a good thing for him to live with his son.
史蒂文:你為什麼這樣說?能和兒子住在一起,對湯姆是一件好事啊!
Julia:I know that. But it's pity for us to lose such a good neighbour. You know I alwaysappreciate Tom's company.
茱莉婭:我知道。但是失去一位好鄰居對我們來說是一件憾事。我真的喜歡湯姆做咱們的鄰居。
Steven: Me too. But anyway we hope he lives happily in the future.
史蒂文:我也是。但不論如何,我們希望他日後生活得幸福。
日常英語對話範文