新概念英語第一冊口語練習文章

General 更新 2024年11月21日

  英國語言學家L·G·亞歷山大不僅在語言學研究方面頗有建樹,而且在六十年代末以推出《新概念英語》這套膾炙人口的教材而蜚聲世界。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!

  1

  $課文111 The most expensive model最昂貴的型號

  Can Mr.Frith buy the television on instalments?How does it work?

  費里斯先生可以用分期付款的方式購買電視機嗎?如何操作呢?

  910. I like this television very much.

  我非常喜歡這臺電視機。

  911. How much does it cost?

  請問它多少錢?

  912. It's the most expensive model in the shop.

  這是店裡最貴的型號。

  913. It costs five hundred pounds.

  它的售價是500英鎊。

  914. That's too expensive for us.

  這對我們來說是太貴了。

  915. We can't afford all that money.

  我們花不起那麼多錢。

  916. This model's less expensive than that one.

  這種型號比那種要便宜些。

  917. It's only three hundred pounds.

  它只要300英鎊。

  918. But, of course, it's not as good as the expensive one.

  但是,它當然沒有價錢高那種好。

  919. I don't like the model.

  我不喜歡這種型號。

  920. The other model's more expensive,

  那種型號價格是貴一些,

  921. but it's worth the money.

  但它值得那麼多錢。

  922. Can we buy it on instalments?

  我們可以用分期付款的方式購買嗎?

  923. Of course. You can pay a deposit of thirty pounds,

  當然可以。您可以先付30英鎊定金。

  924. and then fourteen pounds a month for three years.

  然後每月14鎊,3年付清。

  925. Do you like it, dear?

  你喜歡嗎,親愛的?

  926. I certainly do,

  我當然喜歡,

  927. but I don't like the price.

  但是我不喜歡這個價錢。

  928. You always want the best,

  你總是要買最好的,

  929. but we can't afford it.

  可我們買不起,

  930. Sometimes you think you're a millionaire!

  有時候你認為自己是個百萬富翁!

  931. Millionaires don't buy things on instalments!

  百萬富翁是不會分期付款買東西的!

  $課文112 How do they compare?比一比

  $課文113 Small change 零錢

  Who has got some small change?誰有零錢?

  932. Fares, please!

  請買票!

  933. Trafalgar Square,please.

  請買一張到特拉法加廣場的票。

  934. I'm sorry, sir. I can't change a ten-pound note.

  對不起,我找不開10英鎊的鈔票。

  935. Haven't you got any small change?

  您沒有零錢嗎?

  936. I've got no small change, I'm afraid.

  恐怕我沒有零錢。

  937. I'll ask some of the passengers.

  我來問問其他乘客。

  938. Have you any small change, sir?

  先生,您有零錢嗎?

  939. I'm sorry. I've got none.

  對不起,我沒有。

  940. I haven't got any either.

  我也沒有。

  941. Can you change this ten-pound note, madam?

  夫人,您能把這10英鎊的鈔票換開嗎?

  942. I'm afraid I can't.

  恐怕不能。

  943. Neither can I.

  我也不能。

  944. I'm very sorry, sir.

  非常抱歉,先生。

  945. You must get off the bus.

  您必須下車。

  946. None of our passengers can change this note.

  我們的乘客中沒人能換開這張鈔票。

  947. They're all millionaires!

  他們都是百萬富翁!

  948. Except us.

  我們倆除外。

  949. I've got some small change.

  我有零錢。

  950. So have I.

  我也有。

  $課文114 I've got none我沒有

  $課文115 Knock,Knock!敲敲門!

  What does Jim have to drink?

  吉姆只能喝什麼飲料?

  951. Isn't there anyone at home?

  家裡沒有人嗎?

  952. I'll knock again, Helen.

  海倫,我再敲一次。

  953. Everything's very quiet.

  毫無動靜,

  954. I'm sure there's no one at home.

  肯定家裡沒有人。

  955. But that's impossible.

  但這是不可能的。

  956. Carol and Tom invited us to lunch.

  卡羅爾和湯姆請我們來吃午飯。

  957. Look through the window.

  從窗子往裡看看。

  958. Can you see anything?

  你能看見什麼嗎?

  959. Nothing at all.

  什麼也看不見。

  960. Let's try the back door.

  讓我們到後門去試試。

  961. Look! Everyone's in the garden.

  瞧!大家都在花園裡。

  962. Hello, Helen. Hello, Jim.

  你好,海倫。你好,吉姆。

  963. Everybody wants to have lunch in the garden.

  大家都想在花園裡吃午飯。

  964. It's nice and warm out here.

  這外面挺暖和。

  965. Come and have something to drink.

  來喝點什麼。

  966. Thanks, Carol.

  謝謝,卡羅爾。

  967. May I have a glass of beer please?

  給我一杯啤酒好嗎?

  968. Beer?

  啤酒?

  969. There's none left.

  一點都不剩了。

  970. You can have some lemonade.

  你可以喝點檸檬水。

  971. Lemonade!

  檸檬水!

  972. Don't believe her, Jim.She's only joking.

  吉姆,別信她的。

  973. Have some beer!

  喝點啤酒吧!

  $課文116 Every,No,any and some每一,無、若干和一些

  $課文117 Tommy's breakfast湯米的早餐

  What does she mean by 'change'in the last sentence?

  最後一句話中的“change”是什麼意思?

  974. When my husband was going into the dining room this morning,

  今天早晨我丈夫走進飯廳時,

  975. he dropped some coins on the floor.

  把一些硬幣掉在地上了。

  976. There were coins everywhere.

  到處都是硬幣。

  977. We looked for them, but we could not find them all.

  我們雖然找了,但沒有把它們全部找到。

  978. While we were having breakfast, our little boy, Tommy, found two small coins on the floor.

  正當我們吃早飯時,我們的小男孩湯米在地上找到兩枚小硬幣。

  979. He put them both into his mouth.

  他把這兩枚硬幣全都放進嘴裡。

  980. We both tried to get the coins, but it was too late.

  我們倆都試圖把這兩枚硬幣拿出來,但太遲了。

  981. Tommy had already swallowed them!

  湯米已經把硬幣嚥了下去!

  982. Later that morning, when I was doing the housework, My husband phoned me from the office.

  那天下午的晚些時候,當我正做家務時,我丈夫從辦公室打來電話。

  983. 'How's Tommy?' he asked.

  “湯米怎麼樣?”他問。

  984. 'I don't know,' I answered,

  “我不知道”,我回答說,

  985. 'Tommy's been to the toilet three times this morning,

  “今天上午湯米去了3次廁所了,

  986. but I haven't had any change yet!'

  但我還沒看到硬幣!”

  $課文118 What were you doing?你那時正在做什麼?

  $課文119 A true story一個真實的故事

  Who called out to the thieves in the dark?

  誰在暗處對竊賊喊了一聲?

  987. Do you like stories?

  你喜歡聽故事嗎?

  988. I want to tell you a true story.

  我要告訴你一個真實的故事。

  989. It happened to a friend of mine a year ago.

  這是一年前發生在我的一個朋友身上的故事。

  990. While my friend, George, was reading in bed, two thieves climbed into his kitchen.

  當我的朋友喬治在床上看書時,兩個小偷爬進了他的廚房。

  991. After they had entered the house, they went into the dining room.

  他們進到屋裡後,走進了飯廳。

  992. It was very dark, so they turned on a torch.

  飯廳很暗,於是他們打開了手電筒。

  993. Suddenly, they heard a voice behind them.

  突然他們聽到身後有聲音。

  'What 's up?What 's up?'Someone called.

  “什麼事?什麼事?”有人叫著。

  994. The thieves dropped the torch and ran away as quickly as they could.

  小偷扔下了手電筒,飛快地逃走了。

  995. George heard the noise and came downstairs quickly.

  喬治聽到了響聲,迅速地下了樓。

  996. He turned on the light, but he couldn't see anyone.

  他開了燈,但不見一個人。

  997. The thieves had already gone.

  小偷逃走了。

  998. But George's parrot, Henry, was still there.

  但時喬治的鸚鵡亨利仍在那裡。

  'What 's up,George?'he called.

  “什麼事,喬治?”它叫著

  999. 'Nothing, Henry,' George said and smiled.

  “沒事,亨利。”喬治笑著說,

  1000. 'Go back to sleep.'

  “接著睡覺吧。”

  2

  $課文120 It had already happened事情已經發生了。

  $課文121 The man in a hat 戴帽子的男士

  Why didn't Caroline recognize the customer straight away?

  為什麼卡羅琳沒有馬上認出那們顧客?

  1001. I bought two expensive dictionaries here half and hour ago,

  半小時以前我在這裡買了兩本很貴的辭典,

  1002. but I forgot to take them with me.

  但是我忘了拿走。

  1003. Who served you, sir?

  是誰接待您的,先生?

  1004. The lady who is standing behind the counter.

  站在櫃檯後面的那位女士。

  1005. Which books did you buy?

  您買的是兩本什麼書?

  1006. The books which are on the counter.

  就是櫃檯上的那兩本。

  1007. Did you serve this gentleman half an hour ago, Caroline?

  卡羅琳,半小時前你接待過這位先生嗎?

  1008. He says he's the man who bought these books.

  nbsp; 他說他就是買這兩本書的人。

  1009. I can't remember.

  我記不起來了。

  1010. The man who I served was wearing a hat.

  我接待的那個人戴著一頂帽子。

  1011. Have you got a hat, sir? Yes, I have.

  先生,您有帽子嗎?有的,我有帽子。

  1012. Would you put it on, please? All right.

  請您把帽子戴上好嗎?好吧。

  1013. Is this the man that you served, Caroline?

  卡羅琳,這就是你接待過的那個人嗎?

  1014. Yes.I recognize him now.

  是他。我現在認出他來了。

  $課文122 Who***Whom***,Which and that關係代詞

  $課文123 A trip to Australia澳大利亞之行

  Who is the man with the beard?那個長著絡腮鬍子的人是誰?

  1015. Look, Scott.

  看,

  1016. This is a photograph I took during my trip to Australia.

  這是我到澳大利來旅行時拍的一張照片。

  1017. Let me see it, Mike.

  讓我看看,邁克。

  1018. This is a good photograph.

  這是一張很好的照片。

  1019. Who are these people?

  這些人是誰。

  1020. They're people I met during the trip.

  他們是我旅行時認識的人。

  1021. That's the ship we travelled on.

  這是我們所乘的那條船。

  1022. What a beautiful ship!

  多漂亮的船啊!

  1023. Who's this?

  這是誰?

  1024. That's the man I told you about.

  這就是我跟你說過的那個人。

  1025. Remember?

  還記得嗎?

  1026. Ah yes.

  啊,記得。

  1027. The one who offered you a job in Australia. That's right.

  就是在澳大利亞給你工作的那個人。對。

  1028. Who's this?

  這是誰?

  1029. Guess!

  你猜!

  1030. It's not you, is it? That's right.

  這不是你,對嗎?不,是我。

  1031. I grew a beard during the trip.

  我在旅行時留了鬍子,

  1032. but I shaved it off when I came home.

  但我回到家時就把它颳了。

  1033. Why did you shave it off?

  你為什麼把它颳了?

  1034. My wife didn't like it!

  我妻子不喜歡!

  $課文124***who***/***whom***,***which***and***that***關係代詞

  $課文125 Tea for two兩個人一起喝茶

  Does Susan have tea by herself?蘇珊是一個人喝茶嗎?

  1035. Can't you come in and have tea now, Peter?

  彼得,你現在能進來喝茶嗎?

  1036. Not yet.

  還不能。

  1037. I must water the garden first.

  我得先給花園澆水。

  1038. Do you have to water it now?

  你一定得現在澆嗎?

  1039. I'm afraid I must.

  恐怕我得現在澆。

  1040. Look at it!

  你看看,

  1041. It's terribly dry.

  幹得厲害。

  1042. What a nuisance!

  真討厭!

  1043. Last summer it was very dry, too.

  去年夏天也是乾得很。

  1044. Don't you remember?

  你記得了嗎?

  1045. I had to water it every day.

  我不得不每天澆水。

  1046. Well, I'll have tea by myself.

  好吧,我一個喝茶了。

  1047. That was quick!

  好快啊!

  1048. Have you finished already?

  你已經澆完了?

  1049. Yes. Look out of the window.

  是的。你看看窗外。

  1050. It's raining!

  下雨了,

  1051. That means You don't need to water the garden.

  這就是就是說,你不必給花園澆水了。

  1052. That was a pleasant surprise.

  這是意想不能的好事。

  1053. It means I can have tea, instead.

  這意味著我反倒可以喝茶了。

  $課文126 Have to and to not need to不得不和不必要

  $課文127 A famous actress著名的女演員

  Who is only twenty-nine,and why is it so unclear?

  誰只有29歲?為什麼這件事如此含糊不清?

  1054. Can you recognize that woman,Liz?

  莉茲,你能認出那個女人嗎?

  1055. I think I can, Kate.

  我想我認得出來,凱特。

  1056. It must be Karen Marsh,the actress.

  那一定是女演員卡.馬會。

  1057. I thought so.

  我也這樣想。

  1058. Who's that beside her?

  她旁邊的那個人是誰?

  1059. That must be Conrad Reeves.

  一定是康拉德.裡弗斯。

  1060. Conrad Reeves, the actor?

  康拉德.裡弗斯,那個男演員嗎?

  1061. It can't be.

  不可能是。

  1062. Let me have another look.

  讓我再看一看。

  1063. I think you're right!

  我想你是對的。

  1064. Isn't he her third husband?

  他不是她的第3個丈夫嗎?

  1065. No. He must be her fourth or fifth.

  不,他一定是她的第4個或第5個丈夫。

  1066. Doesn't Karen Marsh look old!

  卡倫看上去不顯老嘛!

  1067. She does, doesn't she!

  是的,誰說不是呢!

  1068. I read she's twenty-nine,

  我從報上看到她是29歲,

  1069. but she must be at least forty.

  但她一定至少有40歲了。

  1070. I'm sure she is.

  我肯定她有40歲了。

  1071. She was a famous actress When I was still at school.

  當我還是學生時,她就是個著名的演員了。

  1072. That was a long time ago, wasn't it?

  那是好久以前的事了。是嗎?

  1073. Not that long ago!

  不,沒有那麼久。

  1074. I'm not more than twenty-nine myself.

  我自己現在還沒29歲呢。

  $課文128 He can't be……他不可能……

  He must be……他肯定是……

  $課文129 Seventy miles an hour時速70英里

  What does Ann advise her husband to do next time?

  安建議她的丈夫下次做什麼?

  1075. Look, Gary!

  瞧,加里!

  1076. That policeman's waving to you.

  那個警察正朝你揮手呢。

  1077. He wants you to stop.

  他要你停下來。

  1078. Where do you think you are?

  你認為你現在是在哪兒?

  1079. On a race track?

  在賽車道上嗎?

  1080. You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour.

  你剛才一定是以每小時70英里的速度開車。

  1081. I can't have been.

  我不會開得那麼快的。

  1082. I was doing eighty when I overtook you.

  我是以第小時80英里的速度趕上你的。

  1083. Didn't you see the speed limit?

  難道你沒看見限速牌嗎?

  1084. I'm afraid I didn't, officer.

  恐怕我沒有看見,警官。

  1085. I must have been dreaming.

  我一定思想開小差了。

  1086. He wasn't dreaming, officer.

  警官,他思想沒有開小差。

  1087. I was telling him to drive slowly.

  我剛才正告訴他開慢點。

  1088. That's why I didn't see the sign.

  所以我才沒看見那牌子。

  1089. Let me see your driving licence.

  讓我看一看你的駕駛執照。

  1090. I won't charge you this time.

  這次我就不罰你款了。

  1091. But you'd better not do it again!

  但你最好不要再開得這樣快。

  1092. Thank you. I'll certainly be more careful.

  謝謝您。我以後一定會多加註意。

  1093. I told you to drive slowly, Gary.

  加里,我剛才叫你開慢點吧。

  1094. You always tell me to drive slowly, darling.

  你總是叫我開慢點,親愛的。

  1095. Well, next time you'd better take my advice!

  好啦,下次你最好還是聽從我的勸告!

  $課文130 He can't have been……他那時不可能……

  He must have been……他那時肯定是……

  3

  $課文131 Don't be so sure!別那麼肯定!

  What's the problem about deciding on a holiday?

  決定如何度假有什麼為難的地方?

  1096. Where are you going to spend your holidays this year,Gary?

  加里,今年你們打算去哪裡度假?

  1097. We may go abroad.

  我們可能到國外去,

  1098. I'm not sure.

  但我不敢肯定。

  1099. My wife wants to go to Egypt.

  我妻子想到埃及去,

  1100. I'd like to go there, too.

  我也想去那兒。

  1101. We can't make up our minds.

  我們還拿不定主意。

  1102. Will you travel by sea or air?

  你們乘船去,還是乘飛機去?

  1103. We may travel by sea.

  我們可能乘船去。

  1104. It's cheaper, isn't it?

  這更便宜些,是嗎?

  1105. It may be cheaper.

  可能是便宜些,

  1106. but it takes a long time.

  但花的時間長。

  1107. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

  我肯定你們一定會玩得很痛快。

  1108. Don't be so sure.

  別那麼肯定。

  1109. We might not go anywhere.

  我們可能哪裡也去不成。

  1110. My wife always worries too much.

  我妻子總是擔心那的。

  1111. Who's going to look after the dog?

  誰來照看狗啦,

  1112. Who's going to look after the house?

  誰來看管房子啦,

  1113. Who's going to look after the garden?

  誰來照料花園啦,

  1114. We have this problem every year.

  我們每年都碰到這類問題。

  1115. in the end, we stay at home and look after everything!

  末了,我們呆在家裡來照看一切。

  $課文132 He may be……他可能是……

  He may have been……他可能已經……

  I'm not surt.我不敢肯定

  $課文133 Sensational news!爆炸性新聞!

  What reasons did Karen Marsh give for wanting to retire?

  卡倫.馬什說她為什麼想要退休?

  1116. Have you just made a new film, Miss Marsh? Yes, I have.

  您剛拍完一部新電影嗎,馬什小姐?是的,我剛拍完。

  1117. Are you going to make a another? No, I'm not.

  您準備再拍一部嗎?不,我不準備拍了。

  1118. I'm going to retire.

  我準備退休了。

  1119. I feel very tired.

  我感覺累得很。

  1120. I don't want to make another film for a long time.

  我早就不想再拍片子了。

  1121. Let's buy a newspaper, Liz.

  我們買份報紙吧。莉茲。

  1122. Listen to this! Karen Marsh. Sensational News!By our reporter,Alan Jones.

  “卡倫.馬什:爆炸性新聞!由本報記者艾倫.瓊斯報導。

  1123. Karen Marsh arrived at London Airport today.

  卡倫.馬什今天到達倫敦機場。

  1124. She was wearing a blue dress and a mink coat.

  她穿著一身藍色的套裝和一件貂皮大衣。

  1125. She told me she had just made a new film.

  她告訴我她剛拍完一部新片子。

  1126. she said she was not going to make another.

  她不準備再拍電影了。

  1127. She said she was going to retire.

  她說她準備退休。

  1128. She told reporters she felt very tired and didn't want to make another film for a long time.

  她告訴記者她感到很疲勞,早就不想再拍電影了。

  1129. I wonder why!

  我很想知道為什麼。

  $課文134 He said***that***he……他曾說他……

  He told me***that***he……他曾告訴我說他……

  $課文135 The latest report最新訊息

  Is Karen Marsh going to retire,do you think?

  你認為卡倫.馬什會退休嗎?

  1130. Are you really going to retire, miss Marsh?

  馬什小姐,您真的準備退休嗎?

  1131. I may.

  有可能退。

  1132. I can't make up my mind.

  我還拿不定主意。

  1133. I will have to ask my future husband.

  我得問一下我的未婚夫。

  1134. He won't let me make another film.

  他不會再讓我拍電影了。

  1135. Your future husband, Miss Marsh?

  您的未婚夫,馬什小姐?

  1136. Yes. Let me introduce him to you.

  是的,讓我把他給你們介紹一下。

  1137. His name is Carlos.

  他叫卡洛斯。

  1138. We're going to get married next week.

  下星期我們就要結婚了。

  1139. Look, Liz!

  看啊,莉茲!

  1140. Here's another report about Karen Marsh.

  這又有一篇關於卡倫.馬會的報道。

  1141. Listen:'Karen Marsh: The latest.

  你聽,“卡倫.最新訊息。

  1142. At her London Hotel today Miss Marsh told reporters she might retire.

  今天在倫敦旅館,馬什小姐告訴記者她可能要退休。

  1143. She said she couldn't make up her mind.

  她說她還拿不定主意。

  1144. She said she would have to ask her future husband.

  她說她得問問她的未婚夫。

  1145. She said her future husband would not let her make another film.

  她說她的未婚夫不會再讓她拍電影。

  1146. Then she introduced us to Carlos and told us they would get married next week'.

  然後她把我們介紹給卡洛斯,並告訴我們說他們下星期結婚。”

  1147. That's sensational news,isn't it, Kate?

  凱特,這真是條轟動的訊息,是不是?

  1148. It certainly is.

  當然啦。

  1149. He'll be her sixth husband!

  他將是她的第6個丈夫!

  $課文136 He said***that***he……他***曾***說他……

  He told me ***that***he……他***曾***告訴我說他……

  $課文137 A pleasant dream美好的夢

  What would Julie like to do ,if she had the money?

  她果朱莉有那筆錢,她想做什麼呢?

  1150. Are you doing the football pools, Brain?

  布賴恩,你正在下足球賽的賭注嗎?

  1151. Yes, I've nearly finished, Julie.

  是的。我這就做完了。朱莉。

  1152. I'm sure we'll win something this week.

  我敢肯定這星期我們會贏一點的。

  1153. You always say that, but we never win anything!

  你老是那樣說,但是我們從來沒贏過!

  1154. What will you do if you win a lot of money?

  要是你贏了許多錢,你打算做什麼呢?

  1155. If I win a lot of money I'll buy you a mink coat.

  要是我贏了許多錢,我給你買件貂皮大衣。

  1156. I don't want a mink coat!

  我不要貂皮大衣。

  1157. I want to see the world.

  我要去見風世面。

  1158. All right. If we win a lot of money,

  好吧。要是我們贏了很多錢,

  1159. We'll travel round the world and we'll stay at the best hotels.

  我們就去周遊世界,並且往最好的旅館。

  1160. Then we'll return home and buy a big house in the country.

  然後我們返回家園,在鄉下買幢大房子。

  1161. We'll have a beautiful garden and ...

  我們將有一個漂亮的花園和……

  1162. But if we spend all that money we'll be poor again.

  但是如果我們把所有錢都花光了,我們又會變窮的。

  1163. What'll we do then?

  那時我們怎麼辦呢?

  1164. If we spend all the money we'll try and win the football pools again.

  如果我們花光了所有錢,我們設法在足球賽賭注上再贏一次。

  1165. It's a pleasant dream but everything depends on 'if'!

  這是個美好的夢,但一切都取決於“如果”!

  $課文138 if……如果……

  $課文139 Is that you,John?是你嗎,約翰?

  Which John Smith does Graham Turner think he is talking to?

  格雷厄姆。特納以為他在和哪能一個約翰.史密斯通話?

  1166. Is that you, John?

  是你嗎,約翰?

  1167. Yes, speaking.

  是我,請講。

  1168. Tell Mary we'll be late for dinner this evening.

  你告訴瑪麗,今晚吃飯將晚到一會兒。

  1169. I'm afraid I don't understand.

  恐怕我還不明白您的意思。

  1170. Hasn't Mary told you?

  瑪麗沒有告訴你嗎?

  1171. She invited Charlotte and me to dinner this evening.

  她邀請我和夏洛特今晚去吃飯。

  1172. I said I would be at your house at six o'clock,

  我說過我6點到你家,

  1173. but the boss want me to do some extra work.

  但老闆要我加班。

  1174. I'll have to stay at the office.

  我不得不留在辦公室,

  1175. I don't know when I'll finish.

  不知道什麼時候才能結束。

  1176. Oh, and by the way, my wife wants to know if Mary needs any help.

  喔,順便問一問,我妻子想知道瑪麗是否需要幫忙。

  1177. I don't know what you're talking about.

  我不知道您在說些什麼。

  1178. That is John Smith, isn't it?

  你是約翰.史密斯,對嗎?

  1179. Yes, I'm John Smith.

  是的,我是約翰.史密斯。

  1180. You are John Smith,the engineer,aren't you? That's right.

  你是工程師約翰.史密斯,對嗎?對。

  1181. You work for the Overseas Engineering Company, don't you? No, I don't.

  你在海外工程公司上班,是嗎?不,不是。

  1182. I'm John Smith the telephone engineer

  我是電話工程師約翰.史密斯,

  1183. and I'm repairing your telephone line.

  我正在修理您的電話線。

  $課文140 He wants to know if /why/what /when

  他想知道是否/為什麼/什麼/什麼時候

  $課文141 Sally's first train ride薩莉第一交乘火車旅行

  Why was the mother embarrasseed?為什麼母親感到很尷尬。

  1184. Last week, my four-year-old daughter, Sally, was invited to a children's party.

  上週,我4歲的女兒薩莉被邀請去參加一個兒童聚會。

  1185. I decided to take her by train.

  我決定帶她乘火車去。

  1186. Sally was very excited because she had never travelled on a train before.

  薩莉非常激動,因為她從未乘過火車。

  1187. She sat near the window and asked questions about everything she saw.

  她靠車窗坐著,對她所看到的一切都要問個明白。

  1188. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady got on the train and sat opposite Sally.

  突然,一箇中年婦女上了火車,坐在薩莉的對面。

  1189. 'Hello, little girl,' she said.

  “你好,小姑娘,”她說。

  1190. Sally did not answer, but looked at her curiously.

  薩莉沒回答,卻好奇地看著她。

  1191. The lady was dressed in a blue coat and a large, funny hat.

  那位婦女穿著一件藍色的大衣,戴著一頂大而滑稽的帽子。

  1192. After the train had left the station, the lady opened her handbag and took out her power compact.

  火車開出車站後,那位婦女找開了手提包,拿出了粉盒。

  1193. She then began to make up her face.

  然後她開始打扮起來。

  1194. 'Why are you doing that?' Sally asked.

  “你為什麼要那樣做呢?”薩莉問。

  1195. 'To make myself beautiful,' the lady answered.

  “為了把自己打扮漂亮啊,”

  1196. She put away her compact and smiled kindly.

  那位婦女答道。她放好了粉盒,慈祥地微笑著。

  1197. 'But you are still ugly,' Sally said.

  “可是你仍然難看呀,”薩莉說。

  1198. Sally was amused, but I was very embarrassed!

  薩莉感到很有趣,而我卻很尷尬。

  $課文142 Someone invited Sally to a party有人邀請薩莉出席一個聚會

  Sally was invited to a party.薩莉應邀出席一個聚會

  $課文143 A walk through the woods林中散步

  What was so funny about the words on the sign?

  牌子上的字有什麼可笑的地方?

  1199. I live in a very old town which is surrounded by beautiful woods.

  我住在一個由美麗的樹林環繞的古老的小鎮上。

  1200. It is a famous beauty spot.

  這是一個著名的風景勝地。

  1201. On Sundays, hundreds of people come from the city to see our town and to walk through the woods.

  每適星期天,有許許多人從城裡來觀賞我們的小鎮,並在樹林中散步。

  1202. Visitors have been asked to keep the woods clean and tidy.

  遊客已被告知要保持樹林的整潔。

  1203. Litter baskets have been placed under the trees,

  樹下都已設定了廢物筐,

  1204. but people still throw their rubbish everywhere.

  但是人們仍到處扔垃圾。

  1205. Last Wednesday, I went for a walk in the woods.

  上星期三我到樹林裡去散步。

  1206. What I saw made me very sad.

  我所見到的一切使我非常難過。

  1207. I counted seven old cars and three old refrigerators.

  我數了一下,有7輛舊汽車和3上舊冰箱。

  1208. The litter baskets were empty

  廢物筐是空的,

  1209. and the ground was covered with pieces of paper, cigarette ends, old tyres, empty bottles and rusty tins.

  而滿地都是紙片、菸頭、舊輪胎,空瓶子和生鏽的空罐頭盒。

  1210. Among the rubbish, I found a sign which said,

  在垃圾堆中我發現了一塊牌子,上面寫著:

  1211. 'Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will be prosecuted!'

  “凡在此樹林裡丟棄垃圾者,將依法處置。

  $課文144 He hasn't been served yet.還沒有人來招待他

  He will be served soon.很快會有人來招待他的。

英語口語背誦文章
練習英文口語的文章
相關知識
新概念英語第一冊口語練習文章
新概念英語第三冊精選必背文章
新概念英語第一冊知識點
新概念英語第一冊語法知識點總結
新概念英語第一冊怎麼學
新概念英語第一冊文章免費
新概念英語第一冊文章
新概念英語第一冊語法分析
新概念英語第一冊語法分析
新概念英語第四冊課文word