簡單英語寓言故事

General 更新 2024年11月21日

  大多數學生對聽故事、講故事非常感興趣,英語故事是學生喜歡的學習材料。在一定條件下,通過講故事、表演故事等形式,能激發學生學習英語的興趣,從而提高課堂教學的效率。小編整理了,歡迎閱讀!

  篇一

  斑鴻說嫋

  One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest.

  一天,貓頭鷹一個勁兒地向東方飛去,飛得精疲力盡,停在樹林裡休息。

  It happened that a turtledove was also resting there.

  一隻斑鴻恰巧也在那裡休息。

  Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked: "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

  聽見貓頭鷹呼味呼味地喘氣,就對貓頭鷹說: “你這樣急急忙忙地趕路,去哪兒呀?”

  The owl said: "I am moving to the east."

  貓頭鷹說: “我想到東方去住。”

  The turtledove asked closely: “Why?”

  斑雞追問: “為什麼?”

  The owl said: "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer.

  貓頭鷹說:“西邊的人,都說我叫的聲音很難聽,都討厭我。在那兒我住不下去了。

  I must move to a new place."

  非換個地方不可!”

  The turtledove said: "Can you solve your problem by changing a place?

  斑鴻說: “難道換個地方就可以解決問題嗎?

  In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

  我看,不管你搬到哪裡去,都沒有用!”

  The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise: "Can you forecast the future?"

  貓頭鷹覺得斑塢的話太氣人,便驚奇地問: “你能未卜先知?”

  The turtledove said: "This is very simple.

  斑雞說:“這很簡單。

  If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

  如果你不改變你的叫聲,那麼東邊的人也一樣會討厭你的!”

  篇二

  螳螂捕蟬

  Once, the King of the State of Wu wanted to invade the State of Chu.

  一次,吳王要進攻楚國。

  The King of Wu warned his ministers: "If anyone should dare to dissuade me from invadingChu again, I will put him to death."

  吳王警告他的大臣們說: “有誰再敢來勸阻我進攻楚國,我就處死他。”

  One young hanger-on of his wanted to dissuade him but didn't dare.

  吳王的門客中有一個年青人,想去勸阻但又不敢。

  He carried a slingshot, and for three consecutive days paced up and down in the King's backgarden.

  他懷裡揣著彈弓,一連三個早晨在吳工的後花園裡徘徊。

  The dew wetted his clothes all through.

  露水溼透了他的衣服。

  One day, the King of Wu called him:"The dew has wetted your clothes to such a state.

  一天,吳王叫住他:“露水把你的衣服溼成這個樣子。

  Why should you bear such hardship?"

  你何必吃這個苦呢?”

  The young man replied: "There is a cicada on a tree in this garden.

  年青人回答說: “這個園子裡,有一棵樹,樹上有一隻蟬。

  The cicada is high above, chirping leisurely and taking in the dew freely, not knowing that amantis is right behind it.

  蟬高高在上,悠閒地叫著,自由自在地吸著露水,卻不知道有一隻蝗螂在它身後呢!

  The mantis, pressing its body close in a concealed place, is intent on catching the cicada, notknowing that a siskin is hiding right behind it.

  蝗螂把身子緊緊地貼在隱蔽的地方,只想去捕蟬,卻不知道有一隻黃雀早已躲在它的身後呢!

  The siskin is stretching out its neck to peck at the mantis, not knowing that a man carrying aslingshot is under it.

  黃雀正伸長了脖子想去啄蝗螂,卻不知道在它下面正有人拿著彈弓呢!

  These three small creatures make every effort only to get the benefit before them but ignoreentirely the disaster behind."

  這三隻小生物,只是力求得到它們眼前的利益,卻全不管它們身後隱伏著禍患啊!”

  Having heard the young man's words, the King of Wu suddenly saw the light and said: "Whatyou said is right!"

  吳王聽了年青人的話後,恍然大悟說: “你說得好啊!”

  Consequently, the King of Wu dropped his plan to invade the State of Chu.

  於是,吳王就不再進攻楚國了。

  篇三

  遠走高飛

  Tian Rao had served Ai Gong, King of the State of Lu, for many years, but he was neverappointed to any important position.

  田饒雖然服侍魯哀公多年,但是仍然沒有受到重用。

  One day, Tian Rao said to Ai Gong of Lu: "I am going to leave Your Majesty, and fly high and farto distant places like the swan goose."

  有一天,田饒對魯哀公說: “我要離開大王,像鴻雁那樣遠走高飛。”

  "What do you mean?" asked Ai Gong.

  魯哀公說:“你這是什麼意思?”

  Tian Rao replied: "Haven't Your Majesty seen a rooster before?

  田饒回答說:“大王難道沒有見過雄雞嗎?

  It has a red cockscomb on its head and looks very elegant.

  它頭上戴著紅冠,非常文雅。

  It has sharp claws on its feet and is of martial bearing.

  腳上有鋒利的爪子,格外英武。

  When facing enemies, it is very brave and vigorous and fights to the bitter end.

  面對敵人敢打敢拼,十分勇猛。

  When it fords food, it will call its pals to enjoy together, and is very kind.

  看見食物就呼喚同伴一道享用,多麼仁義。

  It keeps watch during the night and crows at dawn, never bungles matters and is very honest.

  晚上守夜,黎明報曉,從來不會誤事,極其誠實!

  Though the rooster has these five merits, Your Majesty still order your subordinates to cook itfor food.

  雄雞雖然有這五種長處,可是大王還是命令手下人把它煮了吃。

  Why is that so? Because it is near to Your Majesty."

  為什麼會這樣呢?因為它就在大王身邊啊!”

  Tian Rao paused and then continued: "As to the swan goose, its one flight covers I,000 li.

  田饒頓了頓,接著說: “至於那鴻雁,一飛就是千里。

  Sometimes it stops by Your Majesty's pools, and eats your fish and soft-shelled turtles.

  有時停在大王的水池邊,吃大王的魚鱉。

  Sometimes it stops in Your Majesty's fields and pecks your beans and grains.

  有時停在大王的田園裡,啄大王的豆類和穀物。

  Though it does not have the merits of the rooster, Your Majesty still regard it highly because itis far away from you.

  儘管它沒有雄雞的長處,可是大王還是很器重它。

  Therefore, please permit me to fly high and far to distant places like the swan goose."

  這是因為它離大王遠啊,所以請允許我也像鴻雁一樣遠走高飛了吧!”

  

英語短篇寓言故事大全
英語寓言小故事及翻譯
相關知識
簡單英語寓言故事
簡單英文寓言故事
簡單的英語寓言故事精選
簡單的英語寓言故事
簡單英語寓言小故事
簡單的英語寓言故事欣賞
簡短的英語寓言故事
簡短的兒童英語寓言故事
簡短英文寓言故事文字版閱讀
英語寓言故事短一點的欣賞