實用英語文章
當今社會對人才綜合素質的要求不斷提高,這在一定程度上給教育事業帶來了新的機遇和挑戰。英語作為一種國際交流的工具,成為了進入企業一塊有利的敲門磚。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!
1
上班遲到致歉
上班遲到 late for Work
Do you feel guilty if you are late for work? One in ten workers said that they arrive late to work at least once a week and about 24% said they arrive late at least once a month.
情景對話 1:
王萍和客戶湯姆約好時間見面,但因事遲到,她表示歉意。
Wang Ping: I'm sorry to have kept you waiting so long. 真抱歉讓您久等了。
Tom: That's OK. What made you so late? 沒關係,你怎麼來這麼晚?
Wang Ping: I was tied up with some urgent business. 有急事脫不開身。
Tom: I see. 我明白了。
Wang Ping: You've visited some places of interest in Beijing during the last few days, haven't you? 您已經參觀了北京的許多名勝古蹟,對嗎?
Tom: Yes, we've visited many places such as the Imperial Palace, the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall. Well, during my visit to Xi'an, I suddenly got an idea that we should build a synthetic fiber works there. It will be a joint venture. 是的。參觀了許多地方,比如說故宮、天壇和長城。對了,在西安參觀時,我突然產生了一個想法:我們應該在那裡開辦一家合資性質的合成纖維廠。
Wang Ping: That's a great idea. We'll surely try our best to cooperate with you. We have many favorable conditions to run a joint wenture there. You can get full support from the local government there.那太好了。我們一定盡全力與貴方合作。我們有許多有利條件。貴方可以得到當地政府方面的全力支援。
Tom: That sounds really attracting. And what about the details? 聽起來確實很有吸引力。那麼,有哪些細節?
Wang Ping: If it is convenient for you, we can go and visit the local government for those details. 如果你有時間,我們可以去拜訪一下當地的政府,瞭解一下細節。
Tom: All right. Let's make it 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. 好的,就定在明天早上九點鐘吧。
情景對話2:
珍妮遲到了,她不得不向她的主管馬林做解釋。
Jane: Sorry, Ma Lin, I'm late. 對不起,馬林,我遲到了。
Ma Lin: Jane, that's the second time this week, isn't it? 珍妮,這是本星期的第二次了,是吧?
Jane: Yes. My bus was late again. 是的,公共汽車又來遲了。
Ma Lin: Is it possible for you to take an earlier bus? 你能搭乘一班早一些的公汽嗎?
Jane: I think so. I'm going to do that tomorrow. 我想是可以的,我打算明天就這麼辦。
Ma Lin: Perhaps we can change your working hours a bit if you wish. 如果你願意,也許我們可以改一下你得工作時間。
Jane: No, thanks. I can manage. 不用了,謝謝。我能設法應付的。
Ma Lin: All right. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. 好的,如果有什麼事我能為你做,請儘管告訴我。
Jane: That's very kind of you. Ma Lin. 你太好了,馬林。
Notes:
向別人表示歉意時,首先要承認自己做錯了事,或做出了不禮貌的行為,並且通常要說明原因,表示遺憾。最簡單的道歉方式是說I'm sorry。但這往往不夠,還需要對你所做的錯事做出解釋之後,做出改正和改進的許諾,表示不會讓錯誤再次發生。如果你真的做錯了事,給對方造成傷害或帶來不利的影響,這時做無謂的解釋,只能欲蓋彌彰,效果相反。
2
你看起來“氣色不錯”
1. look good/very well/nice/great/terrific/fresh-complexioned 看起來氣色很好
Wow! Candy, you're looking great!
哇!凱蒂,你看起來棒極了!
2. have a good color/high color 臉色紅潤
You have a high color on the face.
你臉色很好。
3. have a good complexion 面色好;氣色很好
At the same time, people usually have good complexion, have a better mental state , which also shows their good health.
同時,面容好的人通常氣色、精神狀態都更好,這也說明他們健康狀況良
4. off color 不舒服、氣色差
I feel a bit off color.
我覺得有點不舒服。
5. little color 沒有血色
He has little color in his cheeks.
他臉上幾乎沒有血色。
6. be in the pink 身體好
I hope you'll soon be in the pink again.
我希望你早點恢復健康。
7. looking bouncy 看起來生龍活虎
You certainly look bouncy today.
你看起來精力充沛。
8. a ball of fire 精力充沛的人
I hope John will join us, he is a ball of fire.
我希望約翰能加入我們,他是個精力旺盛的人。
3
與買房相關的英語單詞
1. mortgage loan ***按揭貸款*** is a loan secured by real property through the use of a mortgage note which evidences the existence of the loan and the encumbrance of that realty through the granting of a mortgage which secures the loan.
e.g. Personal Home Loan Mortgages provides borrowers with the most current mortgage rates, news, resources and information.
2. a relocated unit or household ***搬遷戶*** is the basic residential unit in which economic production, consumption, inheritance, child rearing, and shelter are organized and carried out.
e.g. Appropriate a special fund to help relocate households or units having to move
3. domestic removal allowance ***住戶搬遷津貼***
e.g. Domestic allowances will be provided to the eligible households affectecd by public rental housing redevelopment.
4. compensation for demolition ***拆遷補償費***
e.g. On the compensation for demolition, relocation of people being relocated due to compensation and resettlement.
5. property right certificate ***房權證***
e.g. The property right certificate is an necessary proof of your ownership of housing.
6. real estate speculator ***炒房者***
e.g. A Real Estate Speculator Goes From Boom to Bust.
7. residence houses for low-and-medium wage earners ***經濟適用房***
e.g. A study on the problem of the Chinses Policy on residence houses for low-and-medium wage earners.
8. urban housing provident fund ***城鎮住房公積金***
e.g. Urban Housing Provident Fund Management Center, former director jailed for bribe.
9. removal expense ***拆遷費用***
e.g. Removal expenses for teaching assistants, teaching fellows, graduate students.
10. Comfortable Housing Project ***安居工程***
e.g. Government's comfortable housing project in Tibet.
時尚的英語文章