不是而是英語短語
不是而是的英語短語,在平時的英語寫作中是相當常用的。下面是小編給大家整理的,供大家參閱!
1. He would not answer yes or no, but beat around the bush.
他不直接回答是或不是, 而是兜圈子.
2. Maggie: No, it had been sent on to London by mistake.
瑪吉: 不是, 而是誤送了去倫敦.
3. Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.--Zig Ziglar
決定你人生高度的,不是你的才能,而是你的態度。
4. It's not about making the amazing saves. It's the little things and small things that made great gatekeepers great.
偉大的門將不是靠神奇的撲救成就,而是靠注重小事和細節成功。Tim Howard美國國家隊門將
5. The process is not a circle but rather a spiral.
這個過程不是一個圓周運動而是螺旋上升型的。
6. The slow-worm is in fact not a snake but a legless lizard.
蛇蜥其實不是蛇,而是無腳的蜥蜴。
7. What we need is not manifestos of pious intentions, but real action.
我們需要的不是善意但難以實現的宣言,而是實際行動。
8. Such countries are not "developing" at all, but regressing.
這些國家根本不是在“發展中”,而是在倒退。
9. The people in your grasp are not guests, they are hostages.
你所控制的這些人不是客人,而是人質。
10. I see myself not as a cynic but as a realist.
我覺得自己不是一個憤世嫉俗的人,而是一個現實主義者。
11. Life gets better not by chance, but by change.
生活變得美好,不是偶然,而是我們努力改變的結果。
12. Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.--George Bernard Shaw
生活不是發現你自己,而是創造你自己!
13. In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
最終,重要的不是活了多少年,而是這些年你怎麼活。林肯
14. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.--Socrates
做出改變的祕訣不是多麼努力地和過去做鬥爭,而是全力以赴地去打造全新的自己。
15. That isn't a value judgement, it's a fact.
那不是一個價值判斷,而是一個事實。
不是而是not but英語短語
1. "Will it happen again?"— 'I hope not. but you never know.'
“這事還會再發生嗎?”——“但願不會,但誰知道呢。”
2. She could not but congratulate him.
她只能祝賀他。
3. He is extremely strong — not but that he will catch cold at times.
雖然他特別健壯,可是有時也會感冒.
4. A poet could not but be gay in such a jocund company.
一個詩人在這種興高采烈的同伴中自然而然地會快樂.
5. After the fire swallowed his cottage , the old man could not but feel utterly bereft.
在一場大火吞噬了他的草屋之後, 老人唯一的感覺就是他已經一無所有了.
6. I cannot do it; not but what a younger man might be able to do it.
我不能做, 但也許年輕一點的人能做.
7. Overcome with admiration, he could not but imitate them.
他企羨之餘, 不免模仿.
8. I cannot do it, not but that a stronger man might.
不能做, 但並不是說比我強的人也不能做.
9. I cannot do it not but that a stronger might.
我幹不了這件事,雖然不能說比我強的人也幹不了.
10. I could not but be gay in such a jocund company.
我和如此快樂的同伴在一起豈能不樂.
11. I could not but smile to hear her talk in this lofty strain.
我聽她這樣的大口氣禁不住笑了.
12. She could not but think indeed that Mr. Crawford might as well have saved him trouble.
她只是覺得克勞福特先生完全可以代他效勞.
13. Though you knew he was perfectly worthless you could not but enjoy his company.
儘管你明知這個人一錢不值,你還是情不自禁地喜歡和他在一起.
14. The boy is very healthy -- not but that he will catch colds sometimes.
這男孩很健康 -- 雖然有時候也感冒.
15. Since the time of shipment can not be fixed, I can not but worry about it.
交貨期還沒定下來, 我怎麼會不著急呢?
不是而是not but英語短語2
You should get your harp, sir; not but what a fiddle is best.
你應該把你的豎琴拿來,先生;不拿豎琴,最好還是拿小提琴。
No matter where you live you’re not but a 90 minute drive from the ocean.
無論你住在紐西蘭哪裡,到大海的車程都不會超過90分鐘。
Not but what this is a very good tex for rural districts... Ah - there's a nice bit of blank wall up by that barn standing to waste.
不過在鄉下這些地方,這也是很好的話了……啊——那兒穀倉的牆上有一塊很好的地方還沒有寫字,浪費了。
We may not accept their answers and it's very likely that we do not but their questions are oftenput with a kind of unrivaled clarity and insight.
我們可能不接受他們的解答,我們可能接受才怪,但他們的問題常隱含一種,無敵的清晰與獨到見解。
I'll never know if I was drugged or not but I didn't have any of the after-effects you would expect.
我永遠不會知道自己有沒有被下藥,不過我確實沒有任何被下藥後應有的副作用。
I can't do it, not but that younger man might be able to do it.
儘管歲數比我小的人或許能做到,我卻做不到。
I later sat with two woman at a brunch who were talking about online dating, and one had tried itand the other had not but was considering it.
那次我坐在兩個正在吃早餐的婦女旁邊,她們正在談論網路約會,並且其中一個已經嘗試過了,而另一個還沒有但正在考慮嘗試。
In these conditions, created by dictatorship, the vocabulary of revolt could not but concentrateon dictatorship—and its downfall—in a political discourse, and no more.
在獨裁創造的這些境況下,在政治話語中,起義的語彙只能集中於獨裁——以及獨裁下臺——沒有更多。
It was cool but not cold. I could not but admit that it was a most pleasant and comfortablemoment.
清涼的水緩緩流過腳面,涼而不冰,我方才覺得這是極為舒美、愜意的時刻。
Whilst 55% said they did spy on their children, 40% said they did not but the remaining 5% saidthey would do if they knew how.
55%的父母稱自己的確窺探過孩子的隱私,40%的人說沒有這麼做過,其餘5%的人說,如果他們知道如何窺探孩子隱私的話,他們也會那麼做。
Silence – Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
惜言——除非對他人或自己有益,否則不要開口;避免閒扯。
He could not but laugh to see the sight.
看到這些情景,他不由自主地笑了起來。
You may believe me or not but it really works.
也許你不信,但是的確有效。
To accomplish first-class businesses, he can not but abdicate happiness, travels,entertainments,love and hatred, quarrels, arguments and clarifications.
為了完成第一流的事,他必須放棄或減少凡夫俗子的快樂、交遊、娛樂、愛恨、爭執、答辯與澄清。
We can not but allow you 200 cases since inquiries are so large.
我們只能給你們200箱因為詢盤很多。
看過的人還:
不可能口語英語短語