初中英語優秀美文閱讀
在美文這一心理工具內化的過程中可以提高自己的語言水平也對美文主題有了更深刻的認識與理解,完善了其生活信念。下面是小編帶來的初中英語優秀美文,歡迎閱讀!
初中英語優秀美文精選
Ladys First
For a long period before the 1960s, women were considered to be the weaker sex,just as Shakespeare said inHamlet:“Frailty, thy name is women.”In contrast, men were regarded the stronger and the dominant sex.In this light man should undertake the duty to adopt a protective attitude toward the so-called weaker sex.This implied that men should help women on and off with their coats, light their cigarettes,open the doors for them to get on and off the wagon, train, bus, etc. Or to enter the houses.
Have you ever seen the movie “Titanic”? Well, when the ship was sinking,it was the women who had the right to get on the lifeboats first,just because men had the responsibility for taking care of and protectingwomen!This could lead to the conclusion that the custom “Lady First” was developed out of respect in appearance,but in fact it was kind of looking down upon women in nature.
In the 1960s, women began to challenge this tradition. Just as one lady put it,“Historically, men should walk on the outside of the pavement so as to prevent the lady’s dress from being spoilt by mud splashed by a carriage. Today a man is supposed to walk on the outside side.A man should walk where he wants to. So should a woman.If out of love and respect, he actually wants to take the blows,he should walk on the inside, because that’s where muggers are hiding these days.”This shows that to treat a woman as inferior justbecause she is a female is not only insulting but also out of step with contemporary American culture.Women may go to the restaurants Dutch treat.They may refuse such words as chairman, businessmen, policeman.Instead they prefer chairperson, businessperson, police or cop just to show that they are equal in every respect with males!
20世紀60年代之前的很長時間裡,人們把女性看成是弱者,就像莎士比亞在哈姆雷特中所說:“女性是弱者。”相反,人們把男性看成是強勢的一方。從這一點看,男性應該肩負起保護弱者的責任。這就意味著男性應該幫助女性穿外套、脫外套、幫她們點菸、上下車時為她們開車門,或是進入房間時。
你看過泰坦尼克號這部電影嗎?當船在下沉時,都是女性先登山的救生艇,就是因為男性有保護,照顧女性的責任。所以人們認為“女士優先”這一習俗是出自禮貌,但是事實上這是歧視女性的表現。
20世紀60年代,女性開始挑戰這一傳統。就像一位女性所說的,“從歷史上來講,男性應該走在人行道的外面,這樣可以防止女性的裙子遭到汽車濺出的泥點。當今,男性也應該走在外側。男性想在哪走就能夠在哪裡走。女性也一樣。如果是出於愛和尊敬,那麼他是想捱揍了,他應該走裡面,因為搶劫犯最近幾天正一直躲在裡面。”人們總是看低女性,這不僅很侮辱人,還因為這與現代美國文化不一致。女性在餐館就餐應該實行AA制。人們不會再說主席先生、商人、警察先生,人們會說主席、商人、警察,目的就是要做到平等。
I am the ocean. I'm water. I'm most of this planet. I shaped it.
我是海洋。我是水。我覆蓋了大部分地球。我創造了它。
Every stream, every cloud, and every rain drop. It all comes back to me.
每一條河,每一朵雲,每一滴雨,都將回到我的懷抱。
One way or another, every living thing here needs me.
不管怎樣,地球上所有的生物都需要我。
I'm the source. I'm what they crawled out of.
我是源頭。所有的生命都來自於我。
Humans? They're no different.
人類?他們沒有什麼不同。
I don't owe them a thing.
我不欠他們。
I give. They take. But I can always take back.
我付出。他們索取。但是我可以隨時收回。
That's just the way it's always been.
人們一直都是這樣做。
It's not their planet anyway. Never was. Never will be.
畢竟這不是他們的星球。以前不是。以後也不會是。
But humans, they take more than their share.
但人類,他們貪得無厭。
They poison me, then they expect me to feed them.
他們毒死我,竟然還想讓我繼續養活他們。
Well it doesn't work that way.
這怎麼可能。
If humans want to exist in nature with me and off of me, I suggest they listen close. I'm only going to say this once.
如果人類想在大自然中與我共存,賴我而生,我要他們聽仔細,我只說一次。
If nature isn't kept healthy, humans won't survive.
如果沒有健康的大自然,人類將走向滅亡。
Simple as that.
就那麼簡單。
Me, I could give a damn, with or without humans.
至於我,有沒有人類都無所謂。
I'm the ocean. I covered this entire planet once.
我是海洋。我曾經覆蓋過整個地球。
And I can always cover it again.
我也可以再一次把它全部覆蓋。
That's all I have to say.
這就是我要說的。
初中英語優秀美文學習
The most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not the way from birth to the end.
不是生與死的距離
It is when I sit near you
而是我站在你面前
that you don't understand I love you.
你卻不知道我愛你
The most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not that you're not sure I love you.
不是我站在你面前你卻不知道我愛你
It is when my love is bewildering the soul
而是愛到痴迷
but I cannot speak it out
卻不能說我愛你
The most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not that I can't say I love you.
不是我不能說我愛你
It is after looking into my heart
而是想你痛徹心脾
I can't change my love.
卻只能深埋心底
The most distant way in the world
世界上最遠的距離
is not that I'm loving you.
不是我不能說我愛你
It is in our love
而是彼此相愛
we are keeping between the distance.
卻不能夠在一起
The most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not the distance across us.
不是彼此相愛卻不能夠在一起
It is when we're breaking through the way
而是明知道真愛無敵
we deny the existance of love.
卻裝作毫不在意
So the most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not in two distant trees.
不是樹與樹的距離
It is the same rooted branches
而是同根生長的樹枝
can't enjoy the co-existance.
卻無法在風中相依
So the most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not in the being sepearated branches.
不是樹枝無法相依
It is in the blinking stars
而是相互瞭望的星星
they can't burn the light.
卻沒有交匯的軌跡
So the most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not the burning stars.
不是星星之間的軌跡
It is after the light
而是縱然軌跡交匯
they can't be seen from afar.
卻在轉瞬間無處尋覓
So the most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is not the light that is fading away.
不是瞬間便無處尋覓
It is the coincidence of us
而是尚未相遇
is not supposed for the love.
便註定無法相聚
So the most distant way in the world
世界上最遙遠的距離
is the love between the fish and bird.
是魚與飛鳥的距離
One is flying at the sky,
一個在天
the other is looking upon into the sea.
一個卻深潛海底
有趣的英語故事小短文帶翻譯