生活英語情景對話
下面小編為大家帶來,歡迎大家學習!
:暑假
Todd: OK. We're back with Jeanna. You wanna talk about your summer vacation.
好的,吉娜。能談談你的暑假嗎。
Jeanna: Sure. I went to Las Vegas, Nevada; Reno, Nevada; Tahoe, California; and San Diego, California and I went to Disneyland.
好的。我去了內華達州的拉斯維加斯,裡諾,和加利福尼亞州的塔霍湖,聖地亞哥,我還去了迪斯尼樂園。
Todd: Wow! Sounds like a really good time.
哇!聽上去你玩得很愉快。
Jeanna: Yeah, it was. It was a lot of fun.
是的。我玩得很有趣。
Todd: What was the best place?
最棒的地方是哪裡?
Jeanna: Probably Las Vegas. It was the most interesting.
也許是拉斯維加斯。那裡最有趣。
Todd: OK. why was it the most interesting?
好的。為什麼那裡最有趣呢?
Jeanna: It was just really busy and there was always stuff going on. Ya know, never resting.
那裡很繁華,總有各種娛樂活動,你知道,那裡從來不閒。
Todd: OK. Ah, for example what stuff is going on? Like, what did you do?
好的,例如什麼活動,你在那裡做什麼?
Jeanna: Well, we went shopping a lot, in a lot of different casinos that had malls in them, we went and visited the Hoover Dam.
我們經常購物,在不同的賭場裡都有購物中心,我們還去了胡佛水壩。
Todd: Oh, wow! It's pretty big.
哇!水壩很大。
Jeanna: Yeah, really big.
是的,很大。
Todd: That's a lot of water. Did you go swimming?
那裡有很多水,你游泳了嗎?
Jeanna: No.
沒有。
Todd: Can you swim in the Hoover Dam?
能在胡佛水庫裡游泳嗎?
Jeanna: You can swim in the reservoir.
能在蓄水池裡游泳。
Todd: I mean in the reservoir. Yeah. OK. How did you get to Las Vegas?
我就是說在蓄水池裡。好的。你怎麼到拉斯維加斯的?
Jeanna: By plane from Oakland to Las Vegas.
從奧克蘭搭乘飛機到拉斯維加斯的。
Todd: OK. How long did it take?
路上花了多長時間?
Jeanna: About an hour and forty-five minutes.
大約花了1小時45分鐘。
Todd: OK. Do you think you'll go back to Las Vegas someday in the future?
好的。
Jeanna: Hopefully.
希望如此。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Jeanna.
好的。謝謝你,吉娜。
Jeanna: You're welcome.
不客氣。
:第一份工作
Todd: OK, Charlotte. You've been a teacher for quite a while.
好的,夏洛特。你做老師做了很久了。
Charlotte: Yeah, I started about three years ago, and my first job was in Jessif, in the east of Poland. I was promised that I wasn't going to have to teach any beginners, or any little children because it was my first job, and I was promptlygiven the beginner infants. My first day of teaching I was given a book which said, "Ah! Go into the classroom and say 'Hello' to the children, and they'll all say, 'Hello' back to you and wave". I walked into a class of five four-year olds, followed by all their mothers, and grandmothers, and I said, "Hello" and they all burst into tears. I spent half the lesson trying to get them to say,"Hello" to each other and stop them from crying while all the grandmothers stood around and stared at me. I finally finished off my singing the, whatever, Happy Princess Song, all on my own, with crying infants toaccompany me. It was one of the worst days of my life. I could identify with all the children though, cause I wanted to sit on the floor and cry with them by the end of it. I think that that was when I realized that teaching kids was never going to be my vocation. I had some other classes as well but quit soon after that and moved onto adults who cry slightly less. Um, yeah, that was my first teaching experience. Not the best.
是的,我三年前開始當老師,我的第一份工作在波蘭東部的Jessif。因為這是我的第一份工作,校方向我保證不會讓我去教初學者,或者小孩,結果我我被分到了啟蒙班。我工作的第一天就領到了一本書,上面寫著“啊!走進教室對孩子們說‘你好’,他們會邊搖手邊和你說‘你好’”。我走進坐滿4,5歲孩子的教室,他們的母親和祖母就在孩子的身邊,我說“你們好”,結果他們集體爆發出了哭聲。我花了半節課的時間試圖不讓他們哭,還一個一個地教他們說“你好”,所有的祖母都站在我的周圍盯著我。課程的最後,伴隨著哭聲,我自己一個人唱完一首快樂王子歌。那是我人生最糟糕的一天。儘管如此,我還是能認出所有孩子的臉,因為最後我想坐在地板上和他們一起哭。正是在那個時候我意識到,教小孩永遠都不會成為我的事業。雖然我還教他們一些別的課,但這之後我馬上轉到了成人班,至少成人不怎麼哭。是的這就是我初次教課的經驗,不是很好。
英語日常對話練習