哈佛中國留學生情景對話:中國留學生社團
哈佛大學,簡稱哈佛。坐落於美國馬薩諸塞州劍橋市,是一所享譽世界的私立研究型大學,是著名的常春藤盟校成員,被公認為是當今世界最頂尖的高等教育機構之一。下面小編為大家帶來關於哈佛中國留學生情景對話,歡迎大家學習!
John is walking home when he runs into a friend called Li Lei. Li Lei is a Harvard undergraduate student from China.
L: Hi, John.
L:你好,約翰。
J: Hey, Li, haven’t seen you for a while. How are you doing these days?
J:你好,李,有一段時間沒看到你了,最近怎麼樣?
L: I’m good. What’s new with you?
L:我很好,你呢?有什麼新鮮事嗎?
J: Nothing much. Oh, I made a new friend. Guess what? She,s from China too.
J:設什麼。對了,我交了一個新朋友,猜猜看?她也是來自中國。
L: Really? Is she a Harvard student too?
L:真的?她也是哈佛的學生嗎?
J: She,s my classmate. Look, here she comes.
J:她是我的同班同學。看,她來了。
Han Meimei comes over.
韓梅梅走過來了
L: Is this your new friend, John? Hi, Han Meimei, long time no see.
L:約翰,這就是你的新朋友嗎?你好,韓梅梅,好久不見了!
H: Oh,my god! Li Lei, what a coincidence to meet you here. How is everything going?
H:哦,天哪,李雷!在這兒遇到你真是太巧含啦,一切都好嗎?
L: Fine! You look great too.
L:很好,你看起來不錯!
H: Yes, but I’m still getting used to my new Life here.
H:嗯,不過我正在慢慢適應在這的新生活。
J; You knew each other?
J:你們認識?
H: Yes, wfe were neighborhood, but I didn’t see him often after he came to America,
H:是的,我們是鄰居,但自從他去美國後我就沒有看到他了。
J: That’s great! I believe you two have a lot to talk about. I might as well go first. See you.
J:太棒啦!我想你們一定有很多事要聊,我還 是先走吧,再見!
H ; See you tomorrow.
H:明天見!
L: See you around.
L:再見!
H: How is life at Harvard?
H:在哈佛過得怎麼樣?
L: Not bad. But at first it’s hard for me to adjust to it.
L:還行,只是剛開始時對我來說有點難適應。
H: That’s must hard for you.
H:那對你來說一定很難。
L: Fortunately, I got a lot of help from the Chinese students' association at Harvard.
L:幸好,在哈佛的中國學生社團綰予了我很多幫助。
H: Sounds like a fellow townsmen,club back in China.
H:聽起來就像是在中國的同鄉俱樂部。
L: In America, all Chinese are fellow “townsmen”.
L:在美國,所有的中國人都是老鄉。
H: Can I join it if I go to Harvard in the future?
H:如果我將來進哈佛了也能加入嗎?
L: You’ll be welcome because you can give us a big hand once you join us.
L:你會受到歡迎的,因為一旦價、加入會給我們帶來很大幫肋。
H: What’s the association’s name exactly? I’d like to look it up from the internet.
H:社團確切的名字是什麼?我想在網上査找一下。
L: Harvard-Radcliffe Chinese Students Association.
L:哈佛大學中華學會。
H: How does it help Chinese students?
H:它是如何幫助中國學生的呢?
L: The biggest help offered by it is to make us feel at home, I would say. It hosts nearly 80 events each year, celebrating our traditional festivals, and keeping us aware of Chinese culture.
L:它最大的幫助是讓我們感覺在家裡一樣。總之,它每年約舉辦80次活動,慶祝 我們的傳統節日,讓我們保持對中國文化的認識。
H: It ought to be that way. It'll be very embarrassing if foreigners ask something about Chinese culture that we should not know at all.
H:它就應該那樣做!如果外國人問我們一些關於中國的文化知識我們卻什麼都不知 道,那樣會很尷尬的。
L: That’s why we founded such an association at Harvard College. Actually there’s another Chinese association at Harvard, but it’s for graduate Chinese students.
那就是為什麼我們在哈佛大學成立這樣一個社團了。事實上,哈佛還有另外一個 中國社團,不過它是專為研究生和已經畢業的中國學生設立的。
H: What’s that?
是什麼?
L: It’s called Harvard Chinese Students and Scholars Association. Personally speaking, this one is more important.
它叫做"中國學生和學者聯含會”。就個人而言,它更重要。
H: I don’t understand.
我不明白。
L: You know, a lot of Chinese graduate students spend their undergrad years in China, so their thinking model is almost fixed.
你知道,很多中囷學生沒畢業之前大都在中國,他們的思考模式已經固定了。
H: It must be even harder for them to adjust to American culture and society,
對他們來說,適應美國的文化和社會必定更難。
L: Few of them can completely overcome the language and cultural barrier, though they generally have no difficulty in scientific communication.
他們很少能完全克服語言和文化的障礙,雖然他們一般在技術性的溝通上設有困難。
H: So they are in need of help. HCSSA can safeguard their rights and interests while promoting Chinese culture. Am I right?
所以他們需要幫肋,HCSSA在宣揚中國文化時能夠保障他們的權利和利益。我說 的對嗎?
L: Completely! You have the awareness we need. You must come to join our association when you're admitted by Harvard.
非常正確!你有我們所需要的意識。如果你被哈佛錄取了一定要來參加我們的社 團啊。
H: I’m flattered, but I’m glad I’ll be helpful.
過獎了,但很高興會有所幫肋。
韓國首爾大學碩士的申請條件是什麼